Saturday, November 19, 2011

and old story always new

I need to fill in the blanks
So I can cross the planks
I forget what I wanted and how much I needed it
I'm back to square minus 1
even though I need to get to circle 30

Lying somewhere in the galaxy
It's such a long journey
Of motivation to proceeed through the pain
And something pulls me back
My demons that I pack

To take with me in my heavy luggage
I forget my dreams, my romance, my desires
Filled with aspirations and spirals
Here love never retires
But here tears inspire ... me to continue

Lacerations of a family so wounded
I imagine better days not scorned
Stronger days not torn
Pieces that come together and stick forever

I imagine a family with happier perfusions
Not this torn infusion
Of a sentimental lie
What is it that I want,
How is it that I achieve

I need to excersise my emotions like a muscle
Train them to be thinner
Make them feed less on reality and fantasy
Let them do sit ups to firm up so everything feels beautiful and light

I need to train myself to change, to re- arrange
The corners of my time to make circles
The roads must meet yet trains of thought must never collide
Because I need to reach my destination
Ride through all the deprivations
Roll through smooth imaginations

I must remember my promises so I dont turn into someone that I lied to
I must keep them flash in the dark and have a fire in them so they spark
To show me the way - How I pray
I must remember my promises - otherwise I will dissappear into a lie
I will be written with invisible dye
That no-one will memorise


I will forget who I am -
I will rain on my shadows till I become one dimensional
I will hurt myself and not save myself
I need to be infatuated with my soul
I need to be in Love with my heart
I need to be connected with my eyes
I need to be determined to survive
I need to keep my promises alive

No comments:

What it is...

I see Life like a rose in the ice... beautiful but with cold settings - There are so many incredible things out there - but we always need to fight and perservere against the hardships too... otherwise the cold will win ... and we will wither away.

My imagination has led me to believe in something called 'Sudan Fairytale' -
The fantasy that My country will one day be independant and proud, never selfsish to provide its people with its needs, give freedom and success to all, be forever committed to achieve a prosperous inhabitance to every Sudanese in their own country-

My eyes fail me and I see the truth which I call - 'Khartoum Heartbreak' - This is a theme running through the blog under the 'Khartoum Heartbreak' Poems and whatever else about Sudan conveying broken down love, poor streets and cut off electricity along with a lot of other decays and problems in Khartoum city Life.

But I love my country and so I have no choice but to merge the Pain and the Love as one.

Faith is my heart and I could never do without it hoping in my prayers that I can be someone better always and that God forgives me as I fall in Mistakes through that frozen path of Life...

Sometimes I feel under control with all the too many emotions that run to colour my days and nights - Books, movies, music, dreams, friends, family, strangers, travel, - reality - the 10 O' Clock news -Most of the time I'm very Lost in trying to understand - whatever happens becomes tangled into writing this confusing memoir -

It's a really odd combination of air - not sure whether it is refreshing or suffocating - stabilising or maddening - But I breathe and
so it is
'Memoirs of a Sudanese breath' as I am 'Lost but under control' -