Sunday, April 17, 2011

Broken mirror..... dreams are in terror

I can't stop looking at myself through this broken mirror
Like I cannot see the real me
it's tainted by the cracks the slithering reflection
i want to remove all the that shattered glass
and put a new mirror
where in between I transform into a beautiful Sudanese woman purely proud of who I am
and most importantly totally in control of what I feel

but instead I find myself on dreaming this dream
through films
through other peoples dreams
through nightmares that I am stuck looking at my face through split dreams

I can't bring myself to take out the glass that sits so silently yet dramatically in front of me
it's too much work?
or am I afraid of cutting myself
hurting myself in the sharpness of trying and failing
all I find myself doing is standing in front of the mirror
staring at my unknown self
trying to zoom into my eyes
my dirty eyes
my weak eyes that come under
my strange body that is foreign

I don't know
I don't know what I want
or is it I want a million things they all dissipate somewhere
I fee lost
I feel down
and then I feel disappointed with myself that I feel like this

God has given me everything
God has spoiled me
Faith
Family
Health
wealth
Education
Knowledge
Fun
Travel
Time
Food
Entertainment
Technology
Beauty

God has given me a lots of things
But when I look at myself in the mirror
that broken mirror
All I see is the scratches
All I see are the parts that Are going to fall
All I see is the mirror broken into pieces

and All I see is my face....broken with it

No comments:

What it is...

I see Life like a rose in the ice... beautiful but with cold settings - There are so many incredible things out there - but we always need to fight and perservere against the hardships too... otherwise the cold will win ... and we will wither away.

My imagination has led me to believe in something called 'Sudan Fairytale' -
The fantasy that My country will one day be independant and proud, never selfsish to provide its people with its needs, give freedom and success to all, be forever committed to achieve a prosperous inhabitance to every Sudanese in their own country-

My eyes fail me and I see the truth which I call - 'Khartoum Heartbreak' - This is a theme running through the blog under the 'Khartoum Heartbreak' Poems and whatever else about Sudan conveying broken down love, poor streets and cut off electricity along with a lot of other decays and problems in Khartoum city Life.

But I love my country and so I have no choice but to merge the Pain and the Love as one.

Faith is my heart and I could never do without it hoping in my prayers that I can be someone better always and that God forgives me as I fall in Mistakes through that frozen path of Life...

Sometimes I feel under control with all the too many emotions that run to colour my days and nights - Books, movies, music, dreams, friends, family, strangers, travel, - reality - the 10 O' Clock news -Most of the time I'm very Lost in trying to understand - whatever happens becomes tangled into writing this confusing memoir -

It's a really odd combination of air - not sure whether it is refreshing or suffocating - stabilising or maddening - But I breathe and
so it is
'Memoirs of a Sudanese breath' as I am 'Lost but under control' -