Sunday, May 15, 2011

Friday the 13th - A prayers tale

Friday the 13th they say is a strange day, could be good, could be bad
It began with a windy rainy day
where I say
things where quite normal
and the time was formal
until .....
I went to Friday Prayer

the sounds of the dripping rain on the worn out ceiling soothed my heart into this synchronised melody, its been a long time since the wetness of nature enters my body through its beating tries to pray - through the high winds and the cold air I become a part of this magical day - as I say alsalamu3alaykum the beautiful woman turns her head and smiles to welcome her sister in loving obedience  - I start to hear the gentle whispers of her tasbeeh - the round words magnified by her power for God to accept them - the Imam starts to talk his weekly knowledge -  I feel in the middle of history - in the middle of beauty - rolls of words making millions of sense and new transparent wisdom - for me to hear - true religion -
I listen to the Imams words as the rain continues to listen as well - breaking with vivid emotion nature blows its entry and tries its love - new women start to enter each woman has a story, a journey , a commitment, a way of having come in this moment of time - I welcome each woman as she considers me a part of her life during this shared portal into Gods bounty - and then prayer starts , we line together and stand by each other , support each other as we know God is watching, God is smiling - I close my eyes and imagine how close i am, how forgiveness could be right at my door - I pray with all my love in this joined amazement of shared wonder - we to you my God we pray - When we are done -  I hold my hands to God and Pray - suddenly i notice tis beautiful sweet tiny little princess about 5 years old with pigtails perfectly aligned copying me - she sat next to me and had the most beautiful blue dress on with black tights - oh she looked something out of a fairytale book - I smile at her and she stares at me waiting to copy my next move so I keep praying to god to let me have a girl like that , that i can take with me to friday prayer one day that is elegant and well raised like that - I smile at her and she smiles back - ! I touch her hair and she shrugs her shoulders contemplating how shy she is now I pretend to not look at her so she does not become shy - Finally I start to pray the two rak3ats and she gets up to do the same - I feel like angels around me for she must have been an angel - and I wished and wished that God give me an angel like her - as i finish praying the girl leaves with her mother and as I bow to finish my prayer and she leaves for her life  - I pray and will always remember her beautiful eyes and her soft black hair and forgiving innocence I always want to reach and one day call my own -

No comments:

What it is...

I see Life like a rose in the ice... beautiful but with cold settings - There are so many incredible things out there - but we always need to fight and perservere against the hardships too... otherwise the cold will win ... and we will wither away.

My imagination has led me to believe in something called 'Sudan Fairytale' -
The fantasy that My country will one day be independant and proud, never selfsish to provide its people with its needs, give freedom and success to all, be forever committed to achieve a prosperous inhabitance to every Sudanese in their own country-

My eyes fail me and I see the truth which I call - 'Khartoum Heartbreak' - This is a theme running through the blog under the 'Khartoum Heartbreak' Poems and whatever else about Sudan conveying broken down love, poor streets and cut off electricity along with a lot of other decays and problems in Khartoum city Life.

But I love my country and so I have no choice but to merge the Pain and the Love as one.

Faith is my heart and I could never do without it hoping in my prayers that I can be someone better always and that God forgives me as I fall in Mistakes through that frozen path of Life...

Sometimes I feel under control with all the too many emotions that run to colour my days and nights - Books, movies, music, dreams, friends, family, strangers, travel, - reality - the 10 O' Clock news -Most of the time I'm very Lost in trying to understand - whatever happens becomes tangled into writing this confusing memoir -

It's a really odd combination of air - not sure whether it is refreshing or suffocating - stabilising or maddening - But I breathe and
so it is
'Memoirs of a Sudanese breath' as I am 'Lost but under control' -