Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Skyfall in Sudan

There is beautiful something about winter in sudan
There is a beautiful desire to begin life in winter in sudan at 3 am
with the bedroom windown open the curtains pushed to the side to let life in
with all its turbulence, silence, existence
the streets lay forgotten for the night and the people sleep
they say sleep is the best forgiver you cant sin while sleeping
cats fight outside I dont know for what
love? food? land?
people here fight for the same thing
but not at 3 am
this is how i wish sudan was
beautiful
cold
a whisper of time that makes sense
that is peaceful, whistful, blissful
like a small piece of a dream
not even the whole dream

I dont know where I am
for amidst queit shadows
I stay awake open to the world
watching sky fall
through a gateway of .... the internet
seems to normal
but i create a portal of destiny
to find who I am
I am the one who loves life
music movies
but I am the one who loves Sudan
at 3 am particularly

I watch skyfall and I catch my dreams before they fall
here on ....electronic paper
I am a woman with many expereinces
the experience of goodness of ugly truths
of beautiful dreams
of very hard dreams
of wonderful faith
of loneliness
of education
of lack of education
of hearing fresh azans
of hearing electronic azans
of sleeping of waking
og hearing the damp clicks of keyboard letters against my fingers
I type fast
that is an experience


henna on my hands
i can smell the fresh tickle of its leftover
a big circle on the inside of my palm
the circle of the world?
I hold the world in the palm of my hand today
thinking of all the world today
here there
the end of the cinema somewhere far far away
I can still see the traffic lights
the sounds of the motorway
the look of the streets
the shape of the cars
the shape of our house key
the taste of having seen a new movie i nthe cinema
but i  am not there anymore
I am here
in the middle of the desert
thinking about love
about destiny
about skyfall
and how always the criminal leaves the door open behind him
always they will be caught
good
im glad
so why is it not happening in real life
or maybe the movies hasnt finished yet
yes it hasnt finished yet
I think about love here in the desert

I wonder will it taste like strawberries and milk with a bit of date and banana
a mix of an africa smoothie
lightly sweet , cool , sensual ,..........
I love winter in sudan particularly at dawn
the sound of prayer outside my walls
I feel muslim
ive never felt muslim before
but i also feel scared I am not the good muslim here even though i tihnk i am
 ]i love the feel of cold air against my feet like a really expensive air con
that i cant turn off
i lvoe the sense of lack of control
even though its frightening to live withoutcontrol
but letting the grips loose feels right
I dont know
all I know is


I lvoe sudan in winter particularly at 6.09 am
i wish it could stay like this forever
that i find all i want
a movie that i wanted to watch right in beneath me
in the cold desert next to family sleeping , with the sound of prayer outside

this is a dream collectiing forming mending
 healing
Ya Rab help me to make dreams come true






 

No comments:

What it is...

I see Life like a rose in the ice... beautiful but with cold settings - There are so many incredible things out there - but we always need to fight and perservere against the hardships too... otherwise the cold will win ... and we will wither away.

My imagination has led me to believe in something called 'Sudan Fairytale' -
The fantasy that My country will one day be independant and proud, never selfsish to provide its people with its needs, give freedom and success to all, be forever committed to achieve a prosperous inhabitance to every Sudanese in their own country-

My eyes fail me and I see the truth which I call - 'Khartoum Heartbreak' - This is a theme running through the blog under the 'Khartoum Heartbreak' Poems and whatever else about Sudan conveying broken down love, poor streets and cut off electricity along with a lot of other decays and problems in Khartoum city Life.

But I love my country and so I have no choice but to merge the Pain and the Love as one.

Faith is my heart and I could never do without it hoping in my prayers that I can be someone better always and that God forgives me as I fall in Mistakes through that frozen path of Life...

Sometimes I feel under control with all the too many emotions that run to colour my days and nights - Books, movies, music, dreams, friends, family, strangers, travel, - reality - the 10 O' Clock news -Most of the time I'm very Lost in trying to understand - whatever happens becomes tangled into writing this confusing memoir -

It's a really odd combination of air - not sure whether it is refreshing or suffocating - stabilising or maddening - But I breathe and
so it is
'Memoirs of a Sudanese breath' as I am 'Lost but under control' -