Saturday, August 30, 2008

Beautiful nightmare part 3


Ahmed was silent but his car did all the talking. It swerved onto the highway angry and confused. Faster and faster, it sped as if trying to reach somewhere when it really didn’t have anywhere to go. The cars wheels screeched with pain and hurt. Soon it had abruptly stopped nearly crashing into the building and suddenly the car’s drama died with a turn of the key. The car immediately turned into a lifeless structure leaving its owner more lifeless than could be. The silence now could be tremendously heard. Ahmed remained in his car; his despair rising as his life was sinking. He didn’t want to talk or see anyone. The dimness of the street was enough to comfort the nothing he had. Motionless and quiet he remained, but his thoughts fed on him louder with each second. Right now she is getting married. His eyes blew up with anger, then pain, then remorse. A wild cat jumped on the path outside and let out a moan. Ahmed watched it carefully just like his frustration was spying on him carefully. He sunk further into the seat and found his gaze stopping on the sky. Right now she doesn’t love me anymore. The thought was too much to bear so he just let the stars glisten; back to a day when things were right, ‘’ what are you doing now?’’, ‘‘Nosy! Looking at the stars!’’, ‘’and’’, ‘’ and what? They’re just nice tonight!’’, ‘’ Well I’m looking at the stars too but I can’t stop thinking of you’’. The cat outside reminded him to come out of the long lost memory. It screamed wildly fighting for its food and ran behind the wall; the wall. His life couldn’t have been any less harder to live than that wall. He remembered the hardest part of it all, ‘’ no Lana wait, I was just telling her this is wrong! Lana please…, I swear it’s not what you think, she invited me to tell me something…I don’t know and then she…’’, ‘’I don’t want to hear! I don’t want to hear!’’, and then all he could hear was the wind taking her away. He remembered how he tried hopelessly but was losing her so quickly, trying to tell her to listen but Sam had come from behind, ‘’what more do you have to say? You disgust me’’ Ahmed ignored him with all his might banging on Lana’s window – ‘’Please Lana it’s not what you think…I’ll tell you what happened… you have to believe me,’’ but she didn’t. She didn’t believe him. He could still see her face and her eyes well with tears. It was the last thing he ever saw of her. She looked away as Sam drove onto the street. Ahmed remained in his car, the silence fake as anything from the jungle of memories in his head. He was in pain. He was in a pool of questions. He hated Reem for what she did, she couldn’t have been Lana’s friend at all, not just for that night he hated her, but for never trying to tell Lana the truth. Right now, he wondered why Lana had come that night anyway and with Sam of all people. Right now his unanswered questions drowned him but Right now, he was in denial. Right now Lana was gone. The sharpness of mum’s heels scared the ground, as well as leaving a scare bang loudly through Reem, Sam and Julia. She approached them believing it was Julia with a friend. ‘’ DID I NOT TELL YOU TO FI……..’’ her sentence was blown away with the shock of the three bodies standing as if they were prepared for a film shoot. Mum’s own body became slightly rigid when she saw Reem. Her face was dangled to the ground as if she couldn’t hold it upright any longer. Julia was the first to talk.’’ Mum, I did come to call Sam but then I found them’’, she paused for a second, ’’…arguing.’’ Julia turned swiftly then to look at mum for defense; little did she know she was the one that needed defense from mum. ‘’They were talking about Sam giving Reem money…’’, Sam’s first line, ‘’that’s a lie!’’ Julia turned to Sam angrily, ‘’ I heard you! Mum, he said he would give money to Reem and he already had given her money for something and then Reem has something really important to tell Lana but he’s trying to stop her! I think…’’. Mum had raised her hand to usher Julia to stop talking. Her eyes though all of Julia’s speech were pinpointed like a bullet to its target; Reem. She had not once taken her eyes of her as if, if she did, then Reem would disappear. Mum began moving slowly towards Reem, her gold bracelets and those heels with a witch familiarity as the only proof to Reem that she was approaching. Reem only stared at the ground hoping it would swallow her, but mum continued to come nearer, so near until Reem could smell her expensive perfume and feel her angry breath. Julia knew mum was going to ask Reem what this was all about. Sam had come to stand next to Julia and looked at her with an eye that Julia interpreted as,’’ I’m not afraid you overheard anything, wait and see‘’, He gave her a smirk and returned his gaze at mum and Reem. Julia never had any say of what she thought of Sam. She never had anything against him though techniquely to say but Julia thought in her mind ‘’I won’t let you get away with anything against my sister no matter who you are or how sinister you act’’. Julia said it with her eyes still boring through Sam but he had looked away by then. Julia and Sam waited but Reem waited feeling like execution day. Then mum spoke. ‘’Sam, go back inside and bring Lana downstairs; it’s time to start this wedding.

No comments:

What it is...

I see Life like a rose in the ice... beautiful but with cold settings - There are so many incredible things out there - but we always need to fight and perservere against the hardships too... otherwise the cold will win ... and we will wither away.

My imagination has led me to believe in something called 'Sudan Fairytale' -
The fantasy that My country will one day be independant and proud, never selfsish to provide its people with its needs, give freedom and success to all, be forever committed to achieve a prosperous inhabitance to every Sudanese in their own country-

My eyes fail me and I see the truth which I call - 'Khartoum Heartbreak' - This is a theme running through the blog under the 'Khartoum Heartbreak' Poems and whatever else about Sudan conveying broken down love, poor streets and cut off electricity along with a lot of other decays and problems in Khartoum city Life.

But I love my country and so I have no choice but to merge the Pain and the Love as one.

Faith is my heart and I could never do without it hoping in my prayers that I can be someone better always and that God forgives me as I fall in Mistakes through that frozen path of Life...

Sometimes I feel under control with all the too many emotions that run to colour my days and nights - Books, movies, music, dreams, friends, family, strangers, travel, - reality - the 10 O' Clock news -Most of the time I'm very Lost in trying to understand - whatever happens becomes tangled into writing this confusing memoir -

It's a really odd combination of air - not sure whether it is refreshing or suffocating - stabilising or maddening - But I breathe and
so it is
'Memoirs of a Sudanese breath' as I am 'Lost but under control' -