Monday, September 24, 2007

The princess bride

This book by William Goldman is an old classic fairytale originally written as The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure.

The book indeed involves adventure from princes and kings, princesses and Queens, Love and battle, giants and heroes, pursuits and games, magic and potions, wizards and enchantments, evil and treachery, betrayal, swords, seas and ships, Forests and mountains, castles, dungoens and completely unexplainable escapes!!!!

It is written in a unique style where we enter into the world and heart of this story at the time of long long ago and are involved with the heroes in the tale yet at the same time read backstage on why and how this book was written, the editing, shaping and reconstucting that was done to the original version -

The author William Goldman leaves us with 2 ideas from this book - The first is how the good parts where taken form the original version and used to make up the story in this print and two how the author Goldman came to carry this out. He explains how he came across the original version and what happened in his writing experience so he could get to this lovely book now.
We learn therefore the backstage views behind how this book was written, the editing and changes and when we read the book we have a full view of what is going on.

This book is a full heartly read and very enjoyable.

No comments:

What it is...

I see Life like a rose in the ice... beautiful but with cold settings - There are so many incredible things out there - but we always need to fight and perservere against the hardships too... otherwise the cold will win ... and we will wither away.

My imagination has led me to believe in something called 'Sudan Fairytale' -
The fantasy that My country will one day be independant and proud, never selfsish to provide its people with its needs, give freedom and success to all, be forever committed to achieve a prosperous inhabitance to every Sudanese in their own country-

My eyes fail me and I see the truth which I call - 'Khartoum Heartbreak' - This is a theme running through the blog under the 'Khartoum Heartbreak' Poems and whatever else about Sudan conveying broken down love, poor streets and cut off electricity along with a lot of other decays and problems in Khartoum city Life.

But I love my country and so I have no choice but to merge the Pain and the Love as one.

Faith is my heart and I could never do without it hoping in my prayers that I can be someone better always and that God forgives me as I fall in Mistakes through that frozen path of Life...

Sometimes I feel under control with all the too many emotions that run to colour my days and nights - Books, movies, music, dreams, friends, family, strangers, travel, - reality - the 10 O' Clock news -Most of the time I'm very Lost in trying to understand - whatever happens becomes tangled into writing this confusing memoir -

It's a really odd combination of air - not sure whether it is refreshing or suffocating - stabilising or maddening - But I breathe and
so it is
'Memoirs of a Sudanese breath' as I am 'Lost but under control' -